Sunday 1 April 2012

My first ever blog!

Hi guys,
I'm genuinely puzzled on how to even begin my first blog, let alone what to write about!
So I'm going to tell you in a general term about myself. (not too much detail!)

My name is Robyn, I am a dancer - ranging in different styles, and i dance competitively.
I dropped out of school at the start of year 13 because of the school i was at, and i realised i didnt need a uni degree to do what i want to do in life.
I am a very family and friends orientated person, so there may be a few blogs about them!
I listen to pretty much every kind of music, all depending on my mood... I'm not going to lie- i am pretty much obssessed by music, i cant go a day without it!

I guess a couple of weeks ago, i truely learnt who i was. I always knew deep down the type of person i was but never really truely thought about it. This was all discovered at a 4 hour training seminar at work. We learnt about a thing called DISC. ( Four behaviour styles)
D - Directing
I - Influencing
S - Steady
C - Cautious
It was designed to examine the behavior of individuals in their environment or within a specific situation. It therefore focuses on the styles and preferences of such behavior.

I know what you might think - ughhh 4 hours YAWN. But in reality? It was very interesting to see what behaviour style each of the people i work with are.
I happen to be an S. Which basically means that i seek acceptance. An S's traits are: supportive,reliable,agreeable,patient,loyal,modest,easy going, listener and empathy.
Mainly put people ahead of themselves rather than putting themself first.
This is probably me in a nut shell. Although i was only 3 points off an I, but i wont go into that! Maybe in a couple of blogs time...

But i guess my point here is, actually learning who i am was indeed very interesting but also quite scary and i guess gave me - as they say - a kick up the bum!
It's difficult but i am now trying to look at the bigger picture, rather than just go day by day... yano?

I am sorry if this has bored you, but i am rather hoping this may have interested atleast a few people!
I will blog again soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment